Is antivirus needed for iPhone?
Being one of the most famous brands in the world, Apple tries to create reliable devices and software. Their products can be easily identified due to specific appearance and stable work. Even though the variety of viruses and spying programs are focused on getting valuable information from mobile devices, the iPhone is usually considered as the best-protected gadget. It is the outcome of the considerable work done by software and hardware developers who created multilayered protection. Among the most well-known items are:
- specific software architecture
- unique hardware
- verified access to the app store, which excludes possible threats
- enhanced blocking features like touch ID and six-digit code
- a specific place for installing software
- geolocation and ID protection
One can be sure that such a list is enough to protect the iPhone, while others still installing additional applications for extra protection. The truth is the next: ordinary users can forget about possible dangers as the list mentioned above can protect on the needed level (if you are not clicking “agree” every time you receive such a message in browser). Even though advanced users also do not want to harm their device, their actions to broaden possibilities of the mobile device can lead to problems. If someone hacks or jailbreaks iPhone, he increases the chances of the outside software to get essential information from the gadget. Only in this case, such a user has to think about the extra protection and define the best antivirus for iPhone.
What kinds of protection can be needed?
There are two signs that confirm iPhone reliable protection if not hacked. The first is the absence of antiviruses for Apple mobile products. Attentive viewers could notice that all the variants of extra protection that are available in the app store did not contain the word “antivirus” as Apple strictly blocks such titles. The second aspect is the regular cleaning of the app store from the old software.
However, digital products of popular antivirus companies regularly appear on the iOS market. They are usually named as mobile security apps, and they really have positive features that can expand the level of safety even for iPhones. Among the extra protection, tips are VPN, Wi-fi checker, anti-phishing tools, and the ability to save essential data in another safe place. Nevertheless, the list of best security tools for iPhone are listed below:
- NORTON MOBILE SECURITY is one of the best variants to enhance the security level as it suggests a unique antivirus check for Apple mobile products. This app also provides extra protection during online operations, especially with banking, and costs about $30/year.
- AVAST SECURE ME is another application from the popular antivirus developer that is available on the iOS devices. Among the interesting features, a Wi-fi check should be mentioned as the internet connection is among the potential danger sources. The company provides other types of online protection, like the scan of incoming emails and browser activity. Avast also presents a free version with limited opportunities.
- MCAFEE MOBILE SECURITY offers an extra check for possible problems and sends notifications if something went wrong. Among the interesting features, they presented additional security if losing the iPhone as this app allows them to get extra info about the thief and even make a photo. The company also has two variants of subscription, and the paid one gives wider possibilities.
- BITDEFENDER MOBILE SECURITY is a quite unique application as it is completely free and presents almost all the needed extra features. Moreover, the user will not feel any additional discomfort after installing it in terms of the system speed. In this case, additional protection during the online banking operations and browsing seems to be obvious for owners of iPhones.